ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Possible to lock the viewer of the Mercury Transmit monitor?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Bowser
Possible to lock the viewer of the Mercury Transmit monitor?
on Apr 14, 2015 at 9:44:38 pm

I love the Mercury Transmit functionality in After Effects because it allows me to have a beautiful output to my client monitor as I'm working on shots, so the clients can see them full screen and beautiful while all the ugly gizmos and masks and everything are kept on my screen while I work.

One function I'm looking to see if exists is, is it possible to lock the viewer that Mercury Transmit is playing back?

Here's an example --

I'm working on a shot, it's a comp with many other precomps in it. I've locked the viewer of my 'Main Comp' and it is what is being displayed on the Mercury Transmit screen. Now, I want to make some tweaks within a Precomp, and see it in the context of the overall comp. I have my Precomp window next to my main comp window, and am able to see both comps side by side. So far so good, except for when I click over to make a change in my Precomp, the Mercury Transmit screen switches to that comp.

Now, obviously there are many cases where this is exactly how you would want things to function, I was just curious if there exists an option to lock it so that in this case, I can just have it ALWAYS display my top level composite regardless of what I'm fiddling with. Would make things much cleaner and simpler both on me as an artist, and for my clients who are getting seizures from all the playback switching.

If there isn't a way, time for a feature request! I've been loving how fast Adobe is implementing feedback, so I'm sending feature requests often, I suggest others do too. The votes add up!

Thanks guys.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Possible to lock the viewer of the Mercury Transmit monitor?
on Apr 14, 2015 at 10:40:21 pm
Last Edited By Todd Kopriva on Apr 14, 2015 at 10:41:55 pm

This is in the coming version:
http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2015/04/after-effects-cc-spring-2015-up...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Dustin Bowser
Re: Possible to lock the viewer of the Mercury Transmit monitor?
on Apr 14, 2015 at 10:56:10 pm

Awesome!!!

Super stoked for the new Adobe stuff, After Effects and Premiere. Well done guys! Keep it coming! Really pulling for Adobe to be a high end contender in the world of Real Time post production. Give Flame and Nuke Studio a serious run for it's money.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]