ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Rendering with After Effects & Media Encoder CC '14'

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben LoogmanRendering with After Effects & Media Encoder CC '14'
by on Apr 11, 2015 at 6:06:30 pm

Hi people of the internet,

I am working since a while with After Effects CC '14' on some projects.
Before this I worked with CS6 what I liked a lot but upgraded because I wanted the dynamic linking.

With CS6 I rendered the video files in H.264 format with the render queue and ended up with files off +/- 250mb for 2 a 3 minutes which was good.

Now I tried to render the same project in CC but discovered that they removed the H.264 template in the render queue.
Articles on the internet pointed me to the Media Encoder software. There I tried to use the same template with the same settings but now I end up with files with sizes of +/- 2,5gb for 2 a 3 minutes.

I messed around with the bitrate and file size, but when I tried to get the same file size as the previous files from CS6, I didn't got the same quality. The videos were grainy and not even HD.

After trying different templates and settings I turnt to this forum to get some advice.

Anyone know the best render settings for videos on Youtube? (with Media Encoder CC '14')
The videos have music and normally take up to 10-15 minutes to render in 1080.

Hope anyone can help me! It is also for my business!

Best regards,

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Rendering with After Effects & Media Encoder CC '14'
by on Apr 12, 2015 at 6:51:19 pm

Whatever you upload to YouTube will be compressed again by their servers, so I would not worry too much about the size of your final render. I would go for a constant bitrate and thus a larger file since it will be compressed VBR to a 6mps bitrate anyway. I never use the Encoder presets but create my own - do some tests with a short piece and then see what works best for you.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Ben LoogmanRe: Rendering with After Effects & Media Encoder CC '14'
by on Apr 13, 2015 at 12:14:26 pm

Yeah I know it is going to be compressed but the file size does borther me. 2,4gb is just to massive for such a short video. Also because I render such videos 3 times a week I will end up with a full storage.

I did create my own preset with the settings I used before but still do not know why the files are so different.

If I use the 6mps you mentioned I get a grainy video...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved