ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

"Anamorphic" effect with drone footage

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Kunz"Anamorphic" effect with drone footage
by on Apr 10, 2015 at 2:49:54 pm

I recently shot some drone footage with a camera had a camera with a fish-eye lens. I know that I can remove the fish-eye effect in after effects by using the "optics compensation" effect.

However, when I use this effect, it stretches out the footage and the edges of the image are cut off. Is there a way to stretch out this wide angle footage without losing the edges of the image? I'm fine with changing the aspect ratio to give it an "anamorphic" look. I just don't know how.

Any suggestions would be wonderful!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: "Anamorphic" effect with drone footage
by on Apr 10, 2015 at 3:23:33 pm

Is there any way you can write off the fisheye aerial as a test, then reshoot without the fisheye? I think you'd be a lot happier with the result.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Steve KunzRe: "Anamorphic" effect with drone footage
by on Apr 10, 2015 at 3:51:29 pm

That is definitely possible...but it would be pretty costly. We would have to purchase a new camera and we don't have budget for that right now.

But I agree, it definitely would have been preferable to shoot with a normal lens.

Return to posts index

Derek BoettcherRe: "Anamorphic" effect with drone footage
by on Apr 10, 2015 at 3:54:05 pm

You can adjust the aspect ration by going to your project panel, right clicking your comp, and then choosing comp settings. There you can unlink your pixel counts, change them to your liking, or go a step further and just type in a new ratio. Select accept when done, and it will change. If you have other comps or precomps, you will need to repeat the process to get the ratio for all of them.

Derek Boettcher
Creative Management
BTH Media Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved