COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark BealSuddenly slooooooow exports with 4K footage
by on Apr 1, 2015 at 5:25:12 pm

Early 2009 Mac Pro
2x2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
16 GB ram
NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512 MB
Applications are on one drive, media is on a second and I'm exporting to a third, all internal

I'm working on a project that uses 4K footage from a GH4. I have 6 sequences in the project. Most of the sequences are at native resolution, a couple of them are set to 1080p. I'm exporting all of them as 1080p ProRes 422(HQ). The exports are insanely slow -- 5 minutes per frame. I've been doing similar projects on this computer without the slow exports.

I've emptied cache, made sure "Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously" and turned off other programs, which pretty much exausts my level of expertise.

Mark A. Beal
http://www.embrace-the-weird.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Suddenly slooooooow exports with 4K footage
by on Apr 1, 2015 at 10:43:33 pm

We don't know what you're doing in the comps.

Could be a time-suck effect like reduce grain. Could be another time-suck like having a lot of lights in the comp. You could be messing with time on various pieces of footage. Could be really large nested comps, with effects applied to them. Could be a combination of one or more.

We just don't know.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mark BealRe: Suddenly slooooooow exports with 4K footage
by on Apr 2, 2015 at 9:51:51 pm

At first I thought Pixel Motion Blur, but removing that seemed to have no effect. Are freeze frames a time suck? Every one of the comps has at least one layer that is a freeze from a 4K clip. If that's the problem, I could just export a single frame and use the still image.

Mark A. Beal
http://www.embrace-the-weird.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]