ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Using video footage in After Effects CS5.5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amber AlbrektsenUsing video footage in After Effects CS5.5
by on Mar 30, 2015 at 10:04:30 pm

Hi!

I'm editing a spot in After Effects and have imported video footage for this project.

However, whenever I bring the footage into my composition, I only hear the audio and don't see any of the video.

I'm on a Mac OS X version 10.6.8, and am using After Effects CS 5.5.

Please let me know what I need to do to SEE my video footage while I'm editing the graphics for it. (crucial for the timing of when graphics come in alongside what the video is saying).

Also, how do I insert a composition marker? I keep trying to insert some, but they are going on the LAYERS and not the top of the composition line itself. I know there's a way to do it, it's just not seeming to work for me. Please let me know. :)

Thank you so much! :)

Return to posts index

Amber AlbrektsenRe: Using video footage in After Effects CS5.5
by on Mar 31, 2015 at 5:10:29 am

Note: I have figured out the composition markers thing. But I just still need help with the video footage question. Thank you so much in advance! :) Ya'll are awesome!

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Using video footage in After Effects CS5.5
by on Mar 31, 2015 at 12:35:50 pm

Are you getting a white screen and just audio? It sounds as if you're missing a codec. Can you open the footage in a media player (I'm not on a Mac, but Quicktime Player should be one choice)? If so, look up the properties, find out what codec you're missing, get it, and install it. Here's a good snippet of information from a book which everyone should own:

https://books.google.com/books?id=B5T8AgAAQBAJ&pg=PA630&lpg=PA630&dq=white+...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Amber AlbrektsenRe: Using video footage in After Effects CS5.5
by on Mar 31, 2015 at 11:17:59 pm

Thank you for the response!

And no, I was getting a black screen and just audio, not a white one. But it turns out it was just a problem with my export settings when I exported the video from Avid. Once I changed that to the proper settings for the project I'm working on, it imported just fine and I have video and audio. At least for now. :)

Thank you so much for your help! Have a great day!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]