ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Element 3D V2 Difference between channels and groups?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David CabestanyElement 3D V2 Difference between channels and groups?
by on Mar 24, 2015 at 6:21:28 pm

Can anyone explain what are the channels good for in Element 3D V2 now that you can animate elements separately using the different channels in the auxiliary animation?

In fact I haven't been able to see all the objects at once if they are within different groups.

What's the point of still having them?

Best,
D.

Return to posts index

Claude RozsaRe: Element 3D V2 Difference between channels and groups?
by on Mar 24, 2015 at 7:35:34 pm

Hi David,
I hope the answer I gave you the other day was of some help.
As for your question "In fact I haven't been able to see all the objects at once if they are within different groups."

When I built my temple, I put all my different elements in the same group as to have them together and be able to adjust their position relative one to the other in the preview panel. Otherwise as you say you have to go to each group or position them in AE after going out of E3D and it is not very easy to do so because of the perspective problems which I find worse than in the E3D panel.

For the remaining of your question I have no answer but I have found this link that may be of some help, I have just looked at it quickly: http://www.cgchannel.com/2014/12/video-copilot-unveils-element-3d-v2/

Claude

Return to posts index

David CabestanyRe: Element 3D V2 Difference between channels and groups?
by on Mar 24, 2015 at 8:02:24 pm

It was very helpful man, thanks a lot. The reason why I ask is because I know have what is probably the most common situation in Element 3D, a car which needs to have the tires rotating and turning. I remember that was easy on the old Element 3D by splitting everything into groups, but I was mighty confused this morning when I tried in V2, I spent a lot of time until I found a video detailing the channels. So now I'm baffled.

I'll look at the ink you kindly shared but most likely will have tons of questions yet, this update is very different from the original.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Claude RozsaRe: Element 3D V2 Difference between channels and groups?
by on Mar 24, 2015 at 10:29:22 pm

If you can give me the link I'd like to see it. I keep videos I find in case on day I have to face the problem in one of mad ideas!!!!
Claude

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]