ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adding sleeves at the edge of frame

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff HinkleAdding sleeves at the edge of frame
by on Mar 22, 2015 at 1:50:07 pm

Long story short: camera guy shot a 1-hour 16x9 two-person green-screen seated interview without taking into account 4x3 center safe, bosses are insisting the two subjects be shrunk and moved in to be visible at all times in 4x3. Did that, which resulted in hard frame edges. Built new chair backs in Photoshop which sells the illusion pretty well, but as they talk and gesture, their arms keep breaking the frame edge. Got a fairly decent cover using the Clone Stamp and some track mattes but it's not as seamless as I would like. Any suggestions for a better way to tackle this?

Side note: one speaker is wearing a multicolored striped/plaid shirt and the other is wearing a very wrinkly herringbone jacket, both of which are not helping at all.

---
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Adding sleeves at the edge of frame
by on Mar 22, 2015 at 5:15:57 pm

bosses are nuts, show the result, then suggest letter boxing the video.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Jeff HinkleRe: Adding sleeves at the edge of frame
by on Mar 22, 2015 at 5:29:23 pm

Pillar-boxing was my first suggestion and was unceremoniously shot down. Also tried covering the edges with fake shadows and fake set elements to no avail, because it looked like we were "covering something up." Well, yeah.

---
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]