ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Render que set-up for a large amount of videos. Ray tracing required.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Poffley
Render que set-up for a large amount of videos. Ray tracing required.
on Mar 19, 2015 at 11:13:43 am

Dear After Effects legends,

I have been working on a project for a little while but I’ve run into a problem I am not sure how overcome regarding rendering a large collection of videos.

Firstly, I’ve come up with a template where a logo is created generated as a 3d object (extruded vector) then lights, shadows and cameras are applied. There is a master comp for the logo and four other comps for different camera angles (shot 1, shot 2 etc).

The idea is to set up a render que for all four comps for logo A, then change to logo B and send the 4 comps to the que again, then change to logo C and so on.

The problem is I need to have ray tracing set to 12-16 in order for the shadows to not look pixelated. If I send everything to Adobe Media Encoder, it all queues up perfectly but the render is so noisy it is unusable. If I use the render que in After Effects the results are perfect but whatever logo was last in the Master comp will be what is rendered into every video. I could render the four comps, then change the logo and render again but this will take a long time. I’m looking for a solution I can set up once and leave it running for a few days over a weekend.

Thanks for any help can offer.

Dan

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Render que set-up for a large amount of videos. Ray tracing required.
on Mar 19, 2015 at 3:18:00 pm

I'd set up each of the four logo options and save them as four separate projects.

Then I'd create a new project, import all four logo option projects, queue up all the render comps, and let her rip.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Daniel Poffley
Re: Render que set-up for a large amount of videos. Ray tracing required.
on Mar 19, 2015 at 4:50:41 pm

Brilliant! Thank you very much for your fast reply. This has saved me quite a bit of time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]