ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Corner pin mapping

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex ForbesCorner pin mapping
by on Mar 18, 2015 at 5:36:56 pm

Im having a lot of difficulty mapping the image inside the blue square (see images) to a standard 16.9 composition.
What i am looking for is a similar effect to the perspective warp in photoshop cc, where I can stretch the four corners of the rhomboid created by the blue frame, to the four corners of the whole screen, distorting the image.

Can you help me?

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Corner pin mapping
by on Mar 19, 2015 at 12:48:46 pm

Use CC Power Pin.

Apply CC Power Pin to your layer, then turn off the effect by clicking the "fx" button in the Effects Control Panel. (Turning the effect off makes it easier to use, because you'll need to align points to the layer source, not the rendered output.)

Position the Top Left, Top Right, Bottom Left, and Bottom Right controls over the corners of the box. You can do that numerically in the Effects Controls panel or visually with the on-screen controls in the viewer.

Click the Unstretch toggle.

Turn the effect back on.

(Note that you will never get the top and bottom images to look like the middle image, because too much detail in the face is missing in the oblique angles because it was obscured in the camera's view.)

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved