ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

adding motion blur to composited elements in reverse stabilization

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate Biehladding motion blur to composited elements in reverse stabilization
by on Mar 16, 2015 at 5:52:47 pm

Anyone have a tried and true solution for adding motion blur to elements that are composited into a reverse-stabilized comp?

I've found that using the reversible stabilization technique with the Warp Stabilizer is a really efficient way to composite something into a handheld shot, but the lack of motion blur is a problem. The two solutions I've played with are adding an adjustment layer with Pixel Motion Blur or CC Force Motion Blur to the entire composition.

Pixel Motion Blur is really slow to preview, and sometimes adds undesirable additional blur to the original footage (as it's supposed to. Not saying it's not working as designed, it's just not a great solution for my problem.)

CC Force Motion Blur just doesn't seem to do much for me in this situation. I may be using it wrong.

Anyone else run into this problem? Have you found a workaround?

Motion Graphics Designer
Warm Springs Productions
Missoula, Montana

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: adding motion blur to composited elements in reverse stabilization
by on Mar 16, 2015 at 6:32:39 pm

How about using matte/mask to isolate the area for the Pixel Motion Blur effect so that it's not affecting your original footage background?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Nate BiehlRe: adding motion blur to composited elements in reverse stabilization
by on Mar 16, 2015 at 6:45:00 pm

Did not think of that, will try it!

Motion Graphics Designer
Warm Springs Productions
Missoula, Montana

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]