ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Long project workflow in After Effects - Vegas or Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mehmet savasLong project workflow in After Effects - Vegas or Premiere
by on Mar 15, 2015 at 11:22:28 am

Greetings. I'm pretty new to After Effects and I'm trying to figure out the general workflow between After Effects and other programs when doing long projects.

For example I'm planning a 10-15 minute holiday video with various transitions between scenes ie. wipe transitions and even lower thirds text, things that are better done in After Effects . Would it make sense to solely plan this in After Effects? If not, I dont understand how I would transition from one scene to the other using After Effects and yet use Premiere or Vegas to work on the wholesome project.

In this workflow would it make sense if I learn using Adobe Premiere? Since I have heard Sony Vegas is more intuitive I have been using it but if Premiere is not too much harder than Vegas and is more integrated into After Effects with these issues I might like to switch.

How would you go about doing such a 15 minute holiday video with many transitions?

Return to posts index

Matthew EziashiRe: Long project workflow in After Effects - Vegas or Premiere
by on Mar 16, 2015 at 6:52:16 am

So from what I understand you are asking if it would be easier to edit a 10-15 minute project with a bunch of transitions in After Effects as opposed to Premier Pro?

If thats the case it depends honestly. Personally I started out using After Effects and I acutally prefer to edit shorter videos in that program. However a 15 minute video in After Effects would be a pain especially if its a lot of cutting, sound, and transitions. I would recommend Premier Pro (or learning it if you dont). The workflow between Premier Pro and After Effects is amazing. You can import project files and they will update dynamicly.

Here is a video about it:

hope this helps

FIlmmaker // Editor // Post- Production

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved