ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do I make a shockwave from video copilots shockwave pack make another layer disappear?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian VildermanHow do I make a shockwave from video copilots shockwave pack make another layer disappear?
by on Mar 14, 2015 at 1:46:11 pm

Hi Guys and Gals

I want to make it look the persons face is being eaten away by the shockwave revealing a background behind.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: How do I make a shockwave from video copilots shockwave pack make another layer disappear?
by on Mar 14, 2015 at 6:15:07 pm

Not sure exactly what you're trying to do, but this will get you started. Put your shockwave layer above your footage layer. Set your footage layer's track matte to "Alpha Matte Inverted". When the shockwave appears, the footage underneath will begin to disappear.

Return to posts index

Christian VildermanRe: How do I make a shockwave from video copilots shockwave pack make another layer disappear?
by on Mar 14, 2015 at 6:34:08 pm
Last Edited By Christian Vilderman on Mar 14, 2015 at 6:37:06 pm

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Basically im am trying to get footage of someone's head to be masked away by the shockwaves revealling just a background behind them. Its like the shockwave is eating away the body and making them disappear.

So at first its just the actors head but then the shockwave starts and consuming the body and making the actor disappear.

I have a clean plate. and dont mind a bit of roto.

You see what I mean?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: How do I make a shockwave from video copilots shockwave pack make another layer disappear?
by on Mar 14, 2015 at 9:36:46 pm

The clean plate will make things easier. Can you mask or rotoscope the head and use the track matte technique described above?

Return to posts index

Christian VildermanRe: How do I make a shockwave from video copilots shockwave pack make another layer disappear?
by on Mar 15, 2015 at 2:02:58 pm

it seems Im missing a step here or its just 2D limitations. Im going to end up doing some serious mask path keyframes to make this look good. Cheers anyway for pointing me in the right direction

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]