ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Newbie needs support. Matched moved overlay GFX in AW

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Lewis
Newbie needs support. Matched moved overlay GFX in AW
on Mar 12, 2015 at 11:15:28 pm

Hey all,

Pretty new to AE and could do with help on a project. Im really a Motion user but slowly been making the move to AE. Im looking to create a scene that features clean graphic overlay like in "Stranger than Fiction". I have a shot of football pitch with guy looking into distance. Camera is moving slightly so I want to overlay lines going into distance with floating numbers representing distance measurement, shadows on floor etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Ben

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Newbie needs support. Matched moved overlay GFX in AW
on Mar 13, 2015 at 7:22:16 am

Without you being more specific and without knowing your version of AE, here are a few things to do:
Use the Adobe website to learn the basics. There are a few good tutorials here, aetuts+, Lynda.com, videocopilot and many others.
Camera Track - create a camera that will match the real life camera move
Create elements- either in a design program, like Adobe Illustrator (vectors of the lines, numbers and all other stuff you want in the shot)
Animate the elements
Position them in 3d space
Pretty basic stuff, but as I said, spend time in the adobe help pages to learn the basics.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Ben Lewis
on Mar 13, 2015 at 7:07:22 pm

Hi, thanks for your response! I'm currently using CS6 but found that I didn't get much luck in the camera tracking stage so a friend suggested I use Boujoe. I've got a much better track now but not sure what to do with that data now it's in AE. I have lots of nulls and presume you parent things to them? The problem is I want to draw an object over something in the scene. I have a football ( soccer ) pitch in shot and want to have lines appear over the real lines on the pitch. Then I want numbers to appear that represent the distance in the shot. These will float over the ground and produced shadows. Thanks for your feedback. I just need some more info! Thanks again. Ben

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Mar 16, 2015 at 7:38:59 am

Here's a tutorial that explains how to get a camera solve from Boujou exported to AE:
http://cgi.tutsplus.com/tutorials/create-a-mograph-urban-jungle-day-1--ae-4...

Camera Tracker from The Foundry is also a good option to get a camera solve.

One you get a good camera solve you can then position your elements to match the perspective of the shot and use Radial Shadow to add shadows to them

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Ben Lewis
on Mar 16, 2015 at 11:42:40 am

Thanks very much your help! Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]