ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Drastic Export Times With AE Dynamic Links

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kirk GriffinDrastic Export Times With AE Dynamic Links
by on Mar 11, 2015 at 1:58:13 am

Hello! First time posting!

I'm working with PP and AE CS6 for Mac, and I have a problem in export times when I Dynamic Link an AE comp into PP. Specifically, I have two projects currently, roughly the same length, that have Dynamic Linked footage in them. One project has multiple Dynamic Links, mostly color correction based effects with about three of them being rotoscoped based. The other project has one Dynamic Linked composition that's the entire length of the 7 minute long project that has one Keylight effect and some nestled compositions for reducing grain. When I export the first project (the one with multiple Dynamic Link compositions) in , my render time is roughly 2 hours. When I export the second project, my render time is roughly 40 hours. I've been having trouble find a solution as to why the differences are so drastic. Some more info:

The first project uses raw footage in .MXF format, both the raw files and the media cache folder are on the same local HD.
The second project uses footage in .mp4, both the footage and the media cache folder are on the same local HD.

Computer specs:
Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB
Processor - 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory - 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
CPU's - 8
HD - 3TB Fusion Drive

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Drastic Export Times With AE Dynamic Links
by on Mar 11, 2015 at 2:40:32 am

Grain reduction can be particularly slow to render.

You may see faster render times with these if you render in Ae via the render queue, with multiprocessing on. Dynamic Link does not exploit multiprocessing.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]