ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE camera keeping resolution of bitmap layers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen OngAE camera keeping resolution of bitmap layers
by on Mar 10, 2015 at 11:44:20 pm

Hi guys,

I've set up a camera with a null controller and then imported a PSD composition, making this comp a 3D layer to move the camera over.

the comp size appeared to be correct in active camera, slightly larger to allow zooms with no moving of anything in z space or scaling the comp.

My camera is set to 0 in z space on a null layer which gives me my max zoom as planned. Am I right in assuming this 0 in z space is essentially my 100% in terms of scale / keeping res. so if I keep under 0 im not going to pixelate anything?

Just I rendered it out as a quick test with a track across the image and the quality isn't looking as crisp as vectors, I usually work with vectors so not sure what to expect from a bitmap graphic, is this normal maybe?
Or maybe I've missed something? Do I need to 3D the layers in the comps to preserve res? Is there a camera setting I'm missing?

Let me know if you've any ideas.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: AE camera keeping resolution of bitmap layers
by on Mar 11, 2015 at 2:37:56 am

Check your camera settings. Does it have depth of field enabled? If so, then elements will get blurrier on purpose as they move away from the camera's focal point. Disable depth of field to keep everything sharp.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved