ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adobe, you guys ever gonna fix this flicker issue?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Tomberlin
Adobe, you guys ever gonna fix this flicker issue?
on Mar 10, 2015 at 10:00:30 pm

After several discussions on the Adobe support site with Todd and others beginning almost a year ago, this issue remains unresolved. There are many others that have reported this issue years before I did. Why is such an obvious and annoying bug being ignored?

After Effects GUI Flicker Windows

Chris Tomberlin
Color/Finishing
Outpost Pictures

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: Adobe, you guys ever gonna fix this flicker issue?
on Mar 10, 2015 at 11:44:56 pm

Interesting, and, I'm sure, frustrating. I have never run across this issue in all the years I've worked with After Effects (6, 7, CS4, CS5.5, CS6, and CC2014).

Are you sure it's an AE issue, and not a video card issue?

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Chris Tomberlin
on Mar 11, 2015 at 12:00:10 am

Windows only. Happens on different versions of Windows, different Windows machines, different versions of AE and different GPUs.

Chris Tomberlin
Color/Finishing
Outpost Pictures

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Mar 11, 2015 at 12:22:08 am

I'm not saying you don't see it, I'm just saying I've never run across it. Windows only as well. Never seen it on XP, Vista, or Windows 7.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
on Mar 11, 2015 at 1:02:17 am

Never seen this in 15 years of teaching in Windows based labs on *any* otherwise functional hardware.

From XP to Win 8, on custom boxes or off-the-shelf Dells.

This looks like a hardware issue, or some sort of driver conflict. How annoying.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Mar 11, 2015 at 2:24:55 am

[Brian Charles] "This looks like a hardware issue, or some sort of driver conflict. How annoying."

It happens occasionally on a couple of my systems sometimes -- high end HPs with fancy GPUs. It's a bug -- it only ever happens with Ae. I just tap something else on the task bar and tap back into Ae.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Ken Teutsch
on Mar 11, 2015 at 1:49:09 pm

I had never seen this before either, up until (coincidentally) yesterday, when it happened to me for the first time ever. (Windows 7)

I was goofing off running through the new Red Giant Universe effects to see what they looked like, and after about ten minutes of "add effect/delete effect/add effect/delete effect" AE went nuts in that way. As I say: That's the only time it has ever happened to me.

I don't know if it was a 3rd party effect problem, graphics card problem, memory problem, or if AE was just annoyed with me for wasting its time.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Mar 11, 2015 at 6:25:18 pm

We've only been able to reproduce it in one scenario, and the hypothesis is that this is related to overscheduled CPUs and switching threads.

We're doing a lot of work regarding threading in our current massive re-architecture project, and we're on the lookout for this issue while doing so. So far, in the version under development, we haven't seen this issue recur.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]