ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Mask Interpolation Tangle

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert GilbertMask Interpolation Tangle
by on Mar 7, 2015 at 7:37:15 pm

Could someone please help me?
I'm relatively new to masking. I made a mask to remove the green screen behind my subject (keying methods having failed due to low res and grain) and having discovered after export that the background reappeared after a few frames, I went back to ae to try (frame by frame) to close the masks which i hadn't realized i had left open. But as i went along i discovered ahead a weird interpolation tangle between two good key frames.
I think the random tangle happened after my first export and perhaps it was due to my clicking around trying to close the open masks, or perhaps because i deleted a yellow dot that i discovered outside the mask (not connected with the mask outline - i don't know where it came from). But i've had this problem in the past also.
BTW this time it's more of a slight deformation than a tangle really. When i play it in ae i see the mask points moving clockwise around the mask. Perhaps i should have unchecked linear vertex paths? My subject is a person with very slight movement.
So now i'm stuck with this tangle in the middle of the clip and i don't know how to save the project. Please:

1) Is it possible to save the project without having to start from scratch?

2)What could the cause be?

Thank you very much!

My specs:
FOOTAGE: DV PAL Progressive 25fps SD TIFF sequence footage shot with Panasonic DVX 102.
AE CS4 on Mac OSX 10.6.8

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved