ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

animating logo question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
austin smockanimating logo question
by on Mar 5, 2015 at 9:49:10 pm

Hey I was wondering if someone could help me out with figuring out how I could animate this logo. I want the tree to grow and as it does the roots grow also.http://anewhopehypnosis.com/communities/0/004/010/116/420//images/459871407... that is a link to the logo

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: animating logo question
by on Mar 6, 2015 at 2:41:16 am

Most likely you are going to have to create a mask path for each growing vine/branch/root. Be happy it doesn't have leaves, I had to do a tree with leaves once. If you use the Generate>Write-On you can keyframe the thickness of the stroke, which will be very handy in a project like this. I would create a mask for a branch, copy the mask path, apply the "Write-on" effect, twirl down the write-on effect, click/highlight "Brush Position" and paste the path. The animate the thickness as needed.

Here's a tutorial explaining a few different techniques for doing the effect.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: animating logo question
by on Mar 6, 2015 at 2:42:17 am

Another tutorial on the write-on effect.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]