ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Rendering issues with audio

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric ShawnRendering issues with audio
by on Mar 5, 2015 at 5:38:33 am

I'm working on 3 AE files. All have 3D animation. So for the last couple of weeks, I've been able to edit and render over and over. No issues. Waited for the client to reply back on the latest revisions. They got back to me a couple of days ago with a few more revisions. I opened the same files, did the edits. But when I tried to render, it just hung. Couldn't even start rendering the first frame. If I let it go, it eventually fails. If I stop after a few minutes of it hanging, I get the After Effects error: An output module failed. The file may be damaged or corrupted error message.

I've tried all the suggestion I was able to find here, and online. But nothing works. In troubleshooting this issue the last couple of days, I did realize 2 things. 1. I can render as an image sequence without issue. 2. If I turn off Audio in the output module settings, it renders just fine. But the files I'm working on have audio. So I need to turn Audio on. But it would seem that is the reason why it hangs in the first place.

I haven't done anything different since the last time I worked on these files and they rendered fine then. I literally just opened them from the last time. No changes to any settings in AE. Except for turning Multi-processing on. But even turning it back off, didn't help. Anyone know why this is happening, and more importantly, how can I fix it? This job is due in a couple of days, so I need to get this completed asap. Much appreciated in advance.

MacPro3,1 OSX 10.8.5 10GB ram 4x 2TB HDD 256MB ATI Radeon HD 2600

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved