ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

is it impossible to modify keyboard shortcuts in After Effects CC 2014.2 ???

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Natteauis it impossible to modify keyboard shortcuts in After Effects CC 2014.2 ???
by on Mar 3, 2015 at 9:29:19 pm

I've tried the only two known methods for customizing keyboard shortcuts in After Affects and neither of these work in CC:

2008 video tutorial on Creative Cow's forum for modifying the After Effects Keyboard shortcuts text file - unfortunately this doesn't work in AE CC

- tried this but also not able to change any shortcuts in AE CC

One of the things I love most about Premiere Pro CC is how many keyboard shortcuts you can customize. You can even do this in Adobe Audition.

So why not in After Effects?

Adobe please bring this feature to the next update of After Effects CC.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: is it impossible to modify keyboard shortcuts in After Effects CC 2014.2 ???
by on Mar 3, 2015 at 10:56:25 pm

What is failing when you try to edit keyboard shortcuts in the text file? That should still work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Nicholas NatteauRe: is it impossible to modify keyboard shortcuts in After Effects CC 2014.2 ???
by on Mar 4, 2015 at 12:07:10 am

Hi Todd,

Thank you very much your reply. What's happening is that AE is not recognizing the modified text file. After I modify the file, save it, and reopen After Effects, I get this window:

Return to posts index

Nicholas NatteauRe: is it impossible to modify keyboard shortcuts in After Effects CC 2014.2 ???
by on Mar 4, 2015 at 12:09:59 am

Then when I look back into the folder housing the text file, I see that AE saved my modified file as "old" and just recreated the default Shortcuts text file:

Return to posts index

Tim KurkoskiRe: is it impossible to modify keyboard shortcuts in After Effects CC 2014.2 ???
by on Mar 4, 2015 at 1:26:55 am

Turn off Smart Quotes in TextEdit.
http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2014/11/keyboard-shortcuts-error-on-sta...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]