ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Resetting AE Mocha. Problems with Corner Pin and scale

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan GardnerResetting AE Mocha. Problems with Corner Pin and scale
by on Mar 2, 2015 at 1:44:08 am

Hello, I've been looking for answers for hours. I've been trying and re trying this all day.
I have been trying to follow the
Sub surface skin tutorial.
When I copy the tracking data from the solid layer with the Grid and Corner Pin applied to it; and Paste that info to my Illumination layer- it shrinks. To a point that makes it unusable.....I have gone back and redone it four times with the same results.
Each time that I would paste the tracking data to a solid layer, the solid would get bigger. It is now so big that after effects says that it's at an un-editable scale.
The first few times it was fine, the black solid would just cover the scale of what I was tracking, but as I started new ones in frustration they became larger than the comp size.
I HAVE been deleting the Mocha results folder to make room for new ones.... but I think I need to reset mocha, or update it from this bug I'm having.

I'm overwhelmed, any help is very appreciated. i need to finish this project by the end of today!

Return to posts index

Ross ShainRe: Resetting AE Mocha. Problems with Corner Pin and scale
by on Mar 2, 2015 at 7:46:52 pm

Is your layer in AE the same size as your AE?
If you create a simple solid at comp size does it line up?

In mocha, does your "surface (blue tracking box) follow what you are tracking properly?

There are lots of techniques with mocha. One important thing to note is the "align surface" tool that reset the surface to full screen. This video is a useful reference:

You might also try "corner pin" only export option instead of the separate scale/transform/CP option.

Sounds like you might need to watch more tutorials? Best of luck.

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved