ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Plexus (plugin) question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam FarronPlexus (plugin) question
by on Mar 1, 2015 at 6:28:47 pm

I have a vision in my head but no idea how to do it. Using plexus, I want to do two things.

One: I want to make a any text and just have a few little thin lines extending from certain parts of the word for stylistic effect.

two: I want to make a little field of triangles and lines and I want to navigate the camera through the field showing masks and stuff standing within it. Kind of like a giant spiderweb of plexus.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Plexus (plugin) question
by on Mar 2, 2015 at 9:50:24 pm

For the first effect, Google "Plexus Art of Flight tutorial" - essentially you link a Light to a Noise Effector and use the Light to distort text. For the second idea you have, this sounds quite simple. Is there something specific you're not familiar with, with Plexus or AE?

- Roland

TypeGEMs - the Definitive Type Gizmo for AE

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations
Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

Adam FarronRe: Plexus (plugin) question
by on Mar 2, 2015 at 9:52:34 pm

I am familiar with after effects (somewhat) by now, it's just plexus I'm clueless about. There's a few spotty tutorials on how to work with text and plexus but not plexus itself which I would really love to learn. :)

Return to posts index

Paul EstevesRe: Plexus (plugin) question
by on Mar 3, 2015 at 6:08:58 am There are quite a few tutorials on how Plexus works here. The best way to a learn the tool is to learn how it works and then take that knowledge to apply to your specific task. Just learning how to do the 2 things you want is great, but you'll be back next time you want to do something. Rather, spend the time to learn Plexus and how each feature works, then no matter what you're hoping to accomplish, you'll have a great foundation and the rest will just be thinking through how to make it work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved