ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

trying to put a still image with an effect in the corner of a video + "dissolving" of text before new text fades in

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ulrich Hoffmann
trying to put a still image with an effect in the corner of a video + "dissolving" of text before new text fades in
on Feb 28, 2015 at 3:19:54 am

Hi,

I am relatively new to AE. I have successfully worked with (easy) templates before. Now I have created a whole file from scratch, and I'm pretty happy with what I did. I have to things I cannot get done, though.

1) My text comes in with an (included) effect called "Espresso". Ideally, after a few seconds the same effect would start all over again, turning the letters into the next text. I don't think that's possible (using the included presets), though. Right now, my text just abruptly disappears and the next one starts with the effect all over again. I would much rather fade out the text somehow. But how?
If there's any better way to go about this, please advise!

2) The video shows a few short (good) reviews of a book I wrote. I would love to show the book cover in a corner of the video. I can do this as a still image, which is boring. If I want to apply an effect, though, like "Autoscroll horizontal", I get about seven of the covers next to each other. The are scrolling horizontally allright, but I only want *one* ... does this description make any sense?
So what I have is a file of the book cover, and in the end it should be seen as scrolling (or, for all I care, rotating, just doing *something* ...) how do I do that?

Thanks, Ulrich

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]