ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Is there a way to view a TIFF image sequence in camera raw in after effects cs5?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Henthorne
Is there a way to view a TIFF image sequence in camera raw in after effects cs5?
on Feb 24, 2015 at 11:24:07 pm

I've enabled opening TIFF files in camera raw preferences. But, whenever I import my TIFF files into after effects, the camera raw window isn't opening.

When I use RAW or cr2 files, it opens perfectly. Am I doing something wrong? I can use bridge to edit the tiff files, but not in after effects CS5. It's weird.

I've also tried to use the more options button under interpret footage, but it isn't highlighted. ~ Thanks

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Is there a way to view a TIFF image sequence in camera raw in after effects cs5?
on Feb 25, 2015 at 5:46:41 am

TIFF files aren't RAW files unless you have images from very old DSLR's like the Canon 1D.

Return to posts index

Tim Kurkoski
Re: Is there a way to view a TIFF image sequence in camera raw in after effects cs5?
on Feb 25, 2015 at 6:23:31 pm

After Effects does not have an automatic settings for handling different file types via Camera Raw like Photoshop or Bridge do, but it is possible.

In the Import dialog, change Enable menu (on Windows this menu is unlabeled, lower right corner) to All Files. OK the warning. Then change Format to Camera Raw. Make sure to enable Camera Raw Sequence if you're importing an image sequence. Click Import.

This trick can be used to force any file through one of the available format importers. Of course, it only works as long as the importer is capable of processing that file type. Attempting, for example, to feed a QuickTime file into the Camera Raw importer will result in an error.

Return to posts index

Adam Henthorne
on Feb 25, 2015 at 7:43:35 pm

Thank you very much Tim.

Return to posts index

Tim Kurkoski
on Feb 25, 2015 at 7:46:20 pm

Welcome!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]