ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Cinema 4d Lite SHADOW LAYER

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kellie PatzerAfter Effects Cinema 4d Lite SHADOW LAYER
by on Feb 23, 2015 at 10:37:03 pm

I'm an old school 3d animator coming from the TDI / Wavefront / Alias era coming back into the industry with the Adobe Cloud suite.

What I'm struggling with right now is working with After Effects and Cinema 4d LITE regarding AE shadow layers.

IT'S COMPLICATED -- due to the OBJ file (of the logo) I'm having render issues from Cineme 3d into AE where I need to render to JPG/PNG sequence to get it completed (render queue keeps crashing). Basically having to BAKE the 3d logo immediately.

Don't have full Cinema 4d -- only the LITE. So I appear to be castrated to rendering completely through AE for resolutions above 800x600.

Simple fly through camera LOGO that I'm wanting to create an alpha or luma shadow in AE.

Not understanding the "process," OBVIOUSLY!

Rendered Cinema 4d logo AND "object ID layer" for alpha channel.

In AE used that alpha channel to punch out the 3d logo from whatever background layer I put in. Get this part!

** I'm wanting to get a "shadow layer" above this to create an AE drop shadow for the flying 3d logo layer against whatever background layer that (CLIENT) choose(s). **

This is where the "breakdown" is occurring?

Looking for ideas from the community around this.

What would YOU do?

Return to posts index

Kellie PatzerRe: After Effects Cinema 4d Lite SHADOW LAYER
by on Feb 24, 2015 at 12:29:56 am

OK Gang

In continuing to search I found this:

Adding the LAYER STYLE > DROP SHADOW onto the layer that I've applied the LUMA MATT to was the quick answer for me.

Hopefully it will help you as well.

Return to posts index

Cali PvpRe: After Effects Cinema 4d Lite SHADOW LAYER
by on Jun 9, 2015 at 1:00:22 am

Are you still able to add shadows to your C4D Lite Objects in Ae? I've not been able to add shadows. I've made a short video with my problem. Maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I've open a support case with Adobe and was told I needed to open a case with Cineware. I did and both Adobe and Ceneware gave me the cold shoulder.

I'm just looking for someone to tell me what I'm doing wrong or if they can make shadows or not.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved