ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Problem with colors after rendering in 32bpc

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yosef EshedProblem with colors after rendering in 32bpc
by on Feb 22, 2015 at 3:05:59 pm

Helo everyone.
I recently started to work on a 32bpc project שמג I got stuck on the rendering process.

I've created a fire effect that has a glow in to it and when I renderd the video the colors was weird yellowish instead the normal color that was in after effects.

after rendering

in project and in render preview

what sould I do?

Return to posts index

Steve BentleyRe: Problem with colors after rendering in 32bpc
by on Feb 22, 2015 at 9:52:10 pm

So three things.
First you are looking at the image in 8 bit - always remember this. The LUT that's changing the image so you can see it may be faulty or just not expecting the extreme things you are doing to the image.

Second depending on the filters used, you may be using one that is not capable of 32bits and then all your good work at 32 is knocked down to 8 somewhere in the render pipeline and at that point the conversion might fall down and start clipping.

Last, if you are compressing the video so you can see it running, the codec might be doing the clipping for you, or more likely you are trying to send out of AE a 32 bit image into a media holder that is not capable of holding 32 bits, so those subtle colors available in 32bit space get slammed to far ends of the spectrum in the final 8 bit space.

Can you provide any more info on the pipeline?

Return to posts index

Yosef EshedRe: Problem with colors after rendering in 32bpc
by on Feb 23, 2015 at 10:28:03 am

well I alredy tried the second option be removing all unsupported effects and it didn't made any diffrence.
I used adobe media encoder for the rendering and the "match source" high bitrate option in h.264 format.
in after effcts I used this settings:

is that what you mean by pipeline?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]