ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Difficult chroma key issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max OridorogaDifficult chroma key issue
by on Feb 20, 2015 at 11:34:00 am

Hi! First of all, thanks a lot for the last replies on my previous post about chroma key issue. For now, I have another one to ask you about. So, I need to chromakey a pilot of motorized paraglider, sitting in front of green screen. He's keyed pretty good. But there are yellow neon strings, or something like that behind him. And that's an issue. Original file is R3D in 5K.

I tried to make a simple key:

But the strings a keyed also. Then I tried Selective colors to make a green screen blue and make strings more yellow to separate colors and then key out a matte.

Looks like that's exactly what I need:

But, unfortunately, that's not enough:

Any advises? I'm frustrated!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Difficult chroma key issue
by on Feb 20, 2015 at 7:34:32 pm

I would try to keep the yellow lines. They appear to be a structural part of the frame of this paraglider. Perhaps someone doesn't want them there, but if they didn't, they should have removed them in the first place.

You will see that they attached to the tubing of the frame. If you remove them, you will also have to touch up the tubing in many spots, and you won't be able to do that automatically.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Max OridorogaRe: Difficult chroma key issue
by on Feb 20, 2015 at 8:17:04 pm

I've got another shots (not on green screen) in this sequence with that paraglider. Of course, there are a lot of this yellow lines on that shots. So, I need to keep them.

Looks like a crew should shoot it on blue screen, but they didn't.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved