ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Creating a glowing outline to a human body

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew YoungCreating a glowing outline to a human body
by on Feb 20, 2015 at 11:06:10 am

HI guys

I'm new on here and hope someone can help with a project I'm about to undertake.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way I can achieve the effect in the link below minus the skeleton stuff using green screen and not 3D animation in AE

I just want the outline of the body parts and have the subject animated. I'm hoping theres a way to do this using a key on a real life person doing the actions rather than animating as well.

Thanks so much in advance

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Creating a glowing outline to a human body
by on Feb 20, 2015 at 5:59:35 pm

If you have a green screen it will be pretty easy. Key your subject, then duplicate the layer. On the top layer, add a matte > simple choke effect and set it to 8(adjust to taste). Now change the bottom layer track matte to alpha inverted. Precomp those two layers and effect(glow) to taste.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Matthew YoungRe: Creating a glowing outline to a human body
by on Mar 6, 2015 at 3:12:04 am

Hi John, thanks for your reply, sorry my late response I didn't realise someone had got back to me.

Yeah thats the direction I've headed, but couldn't figure out an easy way to get the lines over the arms as they are largely obscured by the body if you get what I mean. In the end I've had to toga brush different body parts to get what I need. Is there a faster way?

Thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved