ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Re-create this animated effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
teddy greggRe-create this animated effect
by on Feb 18, 2015 at 6:28:35 pm

Hello everyone. I hope you are well.
I am doing a project at the minute and I would like to animate everything on the page/stage on and off at the start and end of each scene. I really like how this guy has done it here ( I have googled and youtubed this all day without success so I have admitted defeat and asked for help. I am new to AE so don't have much experience. I looked everywhere in case their was a plugin or something that the guy had used but nope. Nothing. I don't think this was done by having every object follow a motion path but then you have probably forgotten more than I know.

All help is appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
Yours sincerely,
Ted Foy

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Re-create this animated effect
by on Feb 18, 2015 at 6:54:43 pm

That's pretty complicated stuff for a newcomer.

It involves a lot of design and planning before it ever involves any animation in AE. You need to figure out how you break up the backgrounds of the shot, and create them accordingly. I'd guess they used Illustrator for the design & layering.

The animation itself is all pretty simple moves involving a whole boatloads of layers on curved motion paths, easing in & out of moves, and motion blur.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tim BentleyRe: Re-create this animated effect
by on Feb 18, 2015 at 9:14:11 pm

If you have all the elements in place, you could do a simplified version by moving each layer's anchor point high above the frame, then rotating them in, pendulum-like. You could play with the curves to get some bounce and add motion blur.
But motion paths will look better.

Return to posts index

teddy greggRe: Re-create this animated effect
by on Feb 19, 2015 at 7:59:13 am

Thank you very much for the feedback guys. You have both gave me something to think about and have been very helpful.
Thanks again,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved