ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3D Layer: Changing XYZ values only rotates mask

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Garrett Snook3D Layer: Changing XYZ values only rotates mask
by on Feb 18, 2015 at 2:37:57 am

I've got a 2997 1080 composition in CS5.5 with a whole lotta green screen footage. After chroma keying and masking out of the borders of the green screen, I'm trying to rotate a layer as a 3D layer, but instead of rotating the layer, changing the values only rotates the mask, so the subject stays the same, but the borders of the mask move around. Any advice?

Footage was imported into Premiere, then dynamic linked as an AE composition.

Return to posts index

Kevin ReinerRe: 3D Layer: Changing XYZ values only rotates mask
by on Feb 18, 2015 at 2:39:11 pm
Last Edited By Kevin Reiner on Feb 18, 2015 at 5:26:44 pm

Sounds like something weird going on to me. Is there a camera in your comp, or do you simply have 1 keyed layer with effects and masks on it? If you could take a screen grab of your timeline and comp window, that might help us see a problem.

Anyone else have ideas? I've never had that problem.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: 3D Layer: Changing XYZ values only rotates mask
by on Feb 18, 2015 at 5:18:51 pm

It sounds like you've inadvertanly rotated the wrong layer. Please show us a screen shot of the layer selected when this happens, along with a description of the other layers in the comp & what they're doing.

2997x1080 is a pretty odd screen resolution for a comp. Why is it that way?

I also see you're using CS 5.5; nothing wrong with that.... UNLESS you're on a Mac running Yosemite. Adobe has absolutely no plans to make this three-version-old application run properly on Apple's newest OS. If that's your situation, I'd go back to the old OS.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin ReinerRe: 3D Layer: Changing XYZ values only rotates mask
by on Feb 18, 2015 at 5:25:39 pm
Last Edited By Kevin Reiner on Feb 18, 2015 at 7:23:53 pm

That threw me too, Dave. I think he meant 29.97 frame rate in a normal HD 1080 comp. Besides Dave's mention of version incompatibility, the only other thing I can think of that has done similar things to me in the past is when I mixed puppet tool with 3D moves. Are you using the puppet tool by chance?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]