ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Moving all the motion tracked points as one once track has completed

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew HarmerMoving all the motion tracked points as one once track has completed
by on Feb 14, 2015 at 7:34:57 pm

Hi

Really hope some one can help me with this, its been bugging me all day!

The annoying thing is, is that I have done this before but as its been a few months since I have had to do any motion tracking my mind has gone blank and I can not for the life of me remember how to do this.

I have completed my motion track but need to shift all the tracker point across slightly, when I try and drag the object I have linked the tracking data to it only pulls out that one point depending on what frame im on, then will quickly snap back to its original position once the animation has started again.

Like I said I have been able to drag the complete track around before but after spending most of the day trying to remember how to do this im hoping some one on here can put me out my misery.

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Moving all the motion tracked points as one once track has completed
by on Feb 16, 2015 at 2:39:45 pm

Make the layer with all the track points a child of a null layer, then move the null layer.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Kevin ReinerRe: Moving all the motion tracked points as one once track has completed
by on Feb 16, 2015 at 9:45:59 pm

If you want to actually change all of the position keyframes, you must have them all selected. Easy way to do this is to put your playhead where you want to make adjustments. Select the layer and hit P to open up position. Click the word "position" to select all keyframes, then move the cursor over the x and y coordinates and all keyframes should adjust as a group. This works for most sets of keyframes.

Mac Pro 2 x 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
32GB Memory
Dual-channel 4Gb Fibre Channel PCI Express card
Dell Display (23" flat panel)
Nvidia Quadro 4000
AJA Kona LSi SD/HD capture card
Rourke 16 TB
Flanders 2460

SOFTWARE
Mac OS X 10.8.4
FCP 7
Premiere CC
After Effects CC
Boris Continuum
Sapphire Plug Ins
All Trapcode Plugs
Zaxwerks Invig

Return to posts index

Matthew HarmerRe: Moving all the motion tracked points as one once track has completed
by on Feb 20, 2015 at 3:24:39 pm

Thank you very much for your help and restoring my sanity

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]