ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CC Snowfall to float up instead of down on an adjustment layer?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Krauth-Harding
CC Snowfall to float up instead of down on an adjustment layer?
on Feb 14, 2015 at 3:55:19 pm
Last Edited By Josh Krauth-Harding on Feb 14, 2015 at 4:05:03 pm

Hello!

I'm currently trying to make a floating particle effect where particles start at the bottom of the screen and slowly float up.

The effect 'CC Snowfall' would be perfect for this, it allows me to customize everything I want-- I only have one problem: I can't get the snow to float up instead of down.

The obvious solution to this (I thought) would be to put it on an adjustment layer and rotate it 180 degrees. Unfortunately when I do this the snow effect still falls down, in fact-- no matter what rotation I put the adjustment layer at, the snow still falls down.

Does anyone know a solution to this?

P.S. I've also tried setting the snow speed to a negative number, because I know that used to work, but After Effects just defaults the speed to 0, and just freezes the snow effect.

Return to posts index

Josh Krauth-Harding
Re: CC Snowfall to float up instead of down on an adjustment layer?
on Feb 14, 2015 at 4:26:50 pm

Nevermind, a bit of playing around with the 'CC Particle World' effect did the trick.

Graphic/Motion Designer in Training... lots of training.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Feb 14, 2015 at 9:57:33 pm

[Josh Krauth-Harding] "The obvious solution to this (I thought) would be to put it on an adjustment layer and rotate it 180 degrees. Unfortunately when I do this the snow effect still falls down, in fact-- no matter what rotation I put the adjustment layer at, the snow still falls down."

Precomp the layer and then flip it in the main comp?

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Feb 16, 2015 at 10:43:02 pm

you can also do it using two transform effects around the snowfall effect...

add the the transform effect and set the rotation to 180. then duplicate that effect on the same adjustment layer.

then add the cc snowfall effect on the same layer and drag it to be between the two adjustments layers. the snow should now rise.

you can use this to create other angles as well, just make the second transform rotation value the inverse of the first, so if the first rotation is 45, the second would be -45.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]