ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

stretch keyframes with alt key

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Burtonstretch keyframes with alt key
by on Feb 14, 2015 at 8:32:04 am

Hi chaps ... am I being slow here. I normally can highlight a few keyframes and hold the alt key and stretch them out (or close them up) but they're all moving in one lump ... someone please hit me over the head and tell me what I'm doing wrong please ?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: stretch keyframes with alt key
by on Feb 16, 2015 at 5:41:23 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Feb 16, 2015 at 5:44:27 pm

Oh, it's something having to do with the position of the timeline cursor, highlighting just the interior keyframes -- not the first & last -- or or highlighting ALL the keyframes you want to stretch across time. It's something simple like that, but for the life of me I can't recall it.

I'll assume that if you're on a Mac, you've gotten past the CC 2014/Yosemite ugliness. Just wanted to eliminate software weirdness from the mix.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Roger BurtonRe: stretch keyframes with alt key
by on Feb 17, 2015 at 6:54:14 am

Thanks Dave, yes it was simple and I thought I new the solution (highlight all hold, alt key before grabbing end frame and continue to hold whilst dragging) but for the life of me it didn't seem to work the other day ... go figure. I was also having problems creating a new keyframe (in case anyone else is reading this) ... I moved a layer and ALL other keyframes moved ... I really thought something was seriously wrong ... but I'd "separated dimensions" to use the graph editor, rejoining them solved that little glitch ... and I am Mac Yosemite but not CC .. I've stuck with CS6 (don't get enough work to warrant the expense) !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved