ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

A little hand holding needed on Infographic for new client

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Burton
A little hand holding needed on Infographic for new client
on Feb 12, 2015 at 7:56:42 pm

Hi chaps, I've been out of the loop for a while and have only ever worked in broadcasting (uk) ... now freelance I pick up a little work now and then ... I'm happy with my AE ability but don't want to appear ignorant when it comes to outputting. I asked the client what they required and here's eir reply:

"The required dimensions are as below:

Desktop
750 pixels x 422 pixels

IPad
708 pixels x 398 pixels

Coast AMS this to be provided in MP4 format."

This, Im guessing means I need to create two comps, one 750 pixels x 422 pixels and another 708 pixels x 398 pixels Render as an MP4 format.video file .... sound about right ?

...And should I work at 25 or 15 fps ?

Thanks to anyone able to help me here ... Roger

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: A little hand holding needed on Infographic for new client
on Feb 12, 2015 at 8:05:06 pm

I'd request clarified delivery specs -- the desired frame rate, plus the codec for the mp4. H.264 is popular, but may not transcode to the dimensions cited... so run some tests on a clort clip right now.

And don't forget to use Adobe Media Encoder... not AE.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Feb 12, 2015 at 9:15:24 pm

Now a days with a thousand and one formats for various systems there's no shame in asking. Make it look professional and ask details of compression (bitrate, keyframe distance, and so on). Do tests like Dave suggested. I have requests for various versions of compression all the time and I always ask details.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Roger Burton
on Feb 13, 2015 at 7:43:30 am

Thanks Dave and Ted, yes of course that's the answer, I'll make up some sample renders, obviously easy to do and it will give me the opportunity to ask pertinent questions. As I said my experience has been solely tv broadcast and the internet world is weird to me .... have good weekends Roger

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]