ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

CC Time Blend FX Keyframing Issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew CibulasCC Time Blend FX Keyframing Issue
by on Feb 12, 2015 at 4:24:58 am

I am currently trying to render a video of startrails using AE. I have been adding 4 keyframes (a set to ramp up accumulation from 0-95 and then another to bring it back down from 95 to 0). Whenever the video reaches the second keyframe (arriving at 95), the effect appears to cut out very briefly, and then come back in. What it looks like is a gradual ramp up to star trails, then a flicker and a continuation of the star trails. I have tried rendering with the keyframes set on just about every possible setting and have looked online for a solution, but no matter what I do it still seems to persist. The other effects I am using in my video are time stretch, motion blur, and warp stabilizer.

Thank you for any help with this.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: CC Time Blend FX Keyframing Issue
by on Feb 12, 2015 at 11:42:22 am

Have you tried clearing your cache?

Ae CC/CC2014:
Edit > Purge > All Memory & Disk Cache

Ae CS6:
Preferences > Media & Disk Cache > Empty Disk Cache

Also, if you are running Ae CS6, make sure you've installed the updates. The persistent disk cache feature was new in CS6 and there were a good number of bug fixes in the CS6 point releases.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Andrew CibulasRe: CC Time Blend FX Keyframing Issue
by on Feb 12, 2015 at 11:54:16 am

Yes I have cleared the cache. I will double check updates when I get home from work this evening and let you know. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved