ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Composition Too Large To Render

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer AdamsComposition Too Large To Render
by on Feb 11, 2015 at 7:32:29 pm
Last Edited By Jennifer Adams on Feb 11, 2015 at 7:36:33 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a short motion graphics project, and have run into a bit of an issue:
It's a kinetic typography video where there's a lot of extreme zooming in and out, and in order for the background image to look good in all zoom settings, I created a very, very high resolution image (19200 X 10800 px) and am working within a composition of that size. I'm not too skilled with cameras, so I'm using the transform controls to keyframe the movement within this composition throughout the video.

The thing is that when I try to render a test file, my system just can't handle the load and AE crashes after struggling to render a single frame. The RAM previews have been somewhat slow, but were always possible, even in Full mode.

I'm looking for some creative idea that would allow me to achieve this zooming in and out and flying across long distances in the image without needing such a huge composition. I'm pretty sure what I'm doing isn't really what's normally done in these situations, so there's got to be a better way...

(BTW, the background image is just a texture of old paper that I've duplicated many times in Photoshop. It's not an image that has a real beginning and end in that sense)

I'd appreciate anyone's input!
Jen

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Composition Too Large To Render
by on Feb 11, 2015 at 11:17:27 pm

Why does it need to be ten times larger than normal HD video?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Composition Too Large To Render
by on Feb 12, 2015 at 1:16:02 am

[Jennifer Adams] "(BTW, the background image is just a texture of old paper that I've duplicated many times in Photoshop. It's not an image that has a real beginning and end in that sense)"

Better to duplicate many times in Ae -- that way, it can save a load of memory by not rendering the off-stage pieces.

FYI, a single 19200x10800 frame requires 791MB of RAM to store at the default 8 bits per channel, whereas a single 1920x1080 frame requires 7.9 MB of RAM.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Jennifer AdamsRe: Composition Too Large To Render
by on Feb 12, 2015 at 9:30:43 pm
Last Edited By Jennifer Adams on Feb 12, 2015 at 9:31:20 pm

That's a good idea, Walter, I didn't know that. I'll give it a try.
Dave, the background image needs to be large in order to allow me to do extreme zoom outs/ins within it. It's not necessary for it to be exactly in these specific measurements, but I just naturally kept the same aspect ratio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]