ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Speed drawing video jitters when sped up. Anyone have a good smoothing solution?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Deborah Sovierzoski
Speed drawing video jitters when sped up. Anyone have a good smoothing solution?
on Feb 9, 2015 at 8:01:20 am

Hey Guys,

So when I went to film my illustrator drawing for a project, I was unaware that the board he was drawing on was moving slightly.

When the footage was sped up, I found it had an uncomfortable jitter - as seen here: https://vimeo.com/119101007

Password: jitter

The jitter seems too intense for warp stabilizer to solve the problem, it just makes it crazier. Does anyone have a solution that might be simpler for me to reduce the shake?

Thanks so so much in advance.

Deb

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Speed drawing video jitters when sped up. Anyone have a good smoothing solution?
on Feb 9, 2015 at 1:52:51 pm

Have you tried using the regular stabilizer, pre-speed up? You may have to start and stop it in multiple places, because of the hand moving over certain spots, but that shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Spencer Tweed
Re: Speed drawing video jitters when sped up. Anyone have a good smoothing solution?
on Feb 10, 2015 at 12:41:38 am

I definitely wouldn't use the warp stabilizer on that. Your best bet would be to mocha track it (probably on the pipe-thing on the right side) and then stabilize the shot with the mocha data.

- Spencer

Return to posts index

Deborah Sovierzoski
on Feb 12, 2015 at 1:19:49 am

Thanks guys!! It worked pretty well. Only it was a bit of a pain to have to manually try and compensate when the hand went over my track points. Do you know if there any way to change track points halfway through?

Return to posts index

Spencer Tweed
on Feb 12, 2015 at 3:54:38 am

Yes, in AE you can alt + drag the tracker and in mocha you just move the tracking region and it picks up from wherever you move it.

- Spencer

Return to posts index

Deborah Sovierzoski
on Feb 12, 2015 at 11:11:54 pm

Thank you :) Did not know the alt trick. Footage is perfect now!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]