ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Knoll Unmult: Multiple Copies Detected

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alphonso MontgomeryKnoll Unmult: Multiple Copies Detected
by on Feb 7, 2015 at 1:50:35 am

Hello Everyone:

When launching AE, I get a warning:

"WARNING: You have multiple copies of the effect Unmult of your harddrive". To avoid problems, delete or move the earlier version, then re-launch After Effects".

But I continue to launch anyway. When utilizing the pre-set, the parameter controls are missing(See attachment)

When I thought I removed the Unmult pre-set from the Plug-in folder, I still get the warning message. Any suggestions on solutions.

Your assistance on this would highly appreciated.

Thank you so very much

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Knoll Unmult: Multiple Copies Detected
by on Feb 7, 2015 at 4:36:08 pm

What the warning means is that there is more than one copy installed on your machine, and all but one copy must be removed. The plugin is most likely named "Unmult.aex". Do a search on all drives of your machine, and see how many copies show up. There might be a copy in one of the Adobe Common folders, or elsewhere. Get rid of the multiple copies - you could be safe just leaving the one which is in the Plugins folder - and the message should go away.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: Knoll Unmult: Multiple Copies Detected
by on Feb 7, 2015 at 6:21:01 pm

[Alphonso Montgomery] "When utilizing the pre-set, the parameter controls are missing"

UnMult is not a preset but is a plug-in, it has no parameter controls, its purpose is to make the black areas of an image behave as an alpha channel.

Return to posts index

Alphonso MontgomeryRe: Knoll Unmult: Multiple Copies Detected
by on Feb 7, 2015 at 9:02:36 pm

Thank you so much for your response.

In the following illustration, here are the controls I speak of:

In my plug-in, they are not there. It is blank.

I 'just' thought of something. Maybe they are not there because the particular footage I am using is not requiring an alpha channel (i.e., the plug-in is actually not required here). If the footage did, indeed, have enough black background, the controls would appear(?)

Again, your thoughts.

Al

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: Knoll Unmult: Multiple Copies Detected
by on Feb 8, 2015 at 3:44:23 pm

I stand corrected, interesting, my version of unmult does not show these parameters either and I had never seen them.

Return to posts index

Spencer TweedRe: Knoll Unmult: Multiple Copies Detected
by on Feb 8, 2015 at 11:03:39 pm

Unmult shouldn't be able to see what kind of footage you have, so I don't think that is it. More likely you have two versions of unmult installed on your machine, and one of those versions doesn't have the controls (if I remember correctly that was added for the 64bit version). So you need to hunt down and delete the old one.

As a note you can do the same thing as that slider by adding a CC Composite and uncheck "RGB only". That will allow you to blend back in the original.

- Spencer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]