ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Making Presets - After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {unexpected match name in group} (29 :: 0)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bijan SamMaking Presets - After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {unexpected match name in group} (29 :: 0)
by on Feb 7, 2015 at 1:00:03 am

I am attempting at making a preset for myself, because I want to speed up the time it takes to make and add effects to layers.
I began by using an online generator to generate my preset shell (the outline of the preset). I then took the code it gave me, and
pasted it into my PresetEffects.xml (C:\Program Files\Adobe\After Effects CC 2014\Support Files\PresetEffects.xml) and when I went
into After effects CC, I opened up the script editor (File>Scripts>Open Script Editor), then I pasted my import java code:

app.project.activeItem.layer(1).effect.addProperty("Audio_Waveform_Wheel");

When I press the "Run" button, something happens, then on my after effects a pop up message comes up saying:
After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {unexpected match name in group} (29 :: 0)

When I press OK, it just opens up again. My software also looks a little messed up. What is going on?

How do I fix this issue?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Making Presets - After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {unexpected match name in group} (29 :: 0)
by on Feb 7, 2015 at 3:02:48 am

Install the most recent update. You are using an out-of-date version of After Effects.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Bijan SamRe: Making Presets - After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {unexpected match name in group} (29 :: 0)
by on Feb 7, 2015 at 4:33:59 am

Hey! I was wondering if I am able to do it with any version of after effects? Or do I need the latest to make presets?

For example, can I use Adobe After Effects CS5.5 to make presets? Or will it crash as well?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Making Presets - After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {unexpected match name in group} (29 :: 0)
by on Feb 10, 2015 at 6:23:14 pm

You should be able to make presets in other versions. Todd was just saying that the version you were using needed to be updated to fix bugs.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]