ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

xdcam hd 35 1440x1080 and CC Export issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Jeffsxdcam hd 35 1440x1080 and CC Export issue
by on Feb 6, 2015 at 5:31:02 pm
Last Edited By Mike Jeffs on Feb 6, 2015 at 5:32:44 pm

Curious if this is a known issue or not.

We Just upgraded 2 of our After Effects CC to the 13.2 release and now when we export using the XDcam HD 35 it exports a 1440x1080 raster size. This is what the codec is set to do, but the interesting thing is now Quicktime VLC and any other player no longer stretches it to be the correct 16x9 ratio. the clips play with squished aspect ratio.

What weird is that when i create the exact same project in the older After effects 13.0... and export the XDCAM HD 35 it does the 1440x1080 but Quicktime VLC and other players decode it properly and stretch it to be the 1920x1080 aspect ratio.

Has any one else encountered this? Did Adobe break something in the implementation of the is older codec? Am i a idiot?

for reference we are working on a Mac and the working comp is set to a 1920x1080 29.97 square pixels.

Mike Jeffs
Production Services Manager
KPBS San Diego

Return to posts index

Jeff KayRe: xdcam hd 35 1440x1080 and CC Export issue
by on Feb 6, 2015 at 5:39:09 pm

Are you exporting directly from AE, as in AE is doing the encoding?

If you haven't already, try exporting raw as an intermediary and then encoding that in Media Encoder or other software that handles encoding much better.

Adobe has never had great encoding built into AE, its just not what the software does. Recently they have actually started pulling support for AE encoding because it was never intended to encode in the first place and many keep having errors when trying to encode straight from AE.

Return to posts index

Mike JeffsRe: xdcam hd 35 1440x1080 and CC Export issue
by on Feb 8, 2015 at 5:56:01 am

I did the media encoder export and clip came out correct. Thank you for the info. I guess from here on out its export with ME

Mike Jeffs
Production Services Manager
KPBS San Diego

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]