ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Replacing the ball with animated object

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Muaz NikolicReplacing the ball with animated object
by on Feb 6, 2015 at 11:39:30 am

I am relatively new with AE and I really need help with my new project, so please understand if I made mistakes during the set up and shooting of my scene.

So, I have shooted the scene where man throws the ball (it is supposed to be bowling ball). This was all recorded on green background with man throwing the blue ball (so it could be key out). Intention was to somehow remove the ball and replace it with animated one.

My thought was to key out the ball, transfer it to cinema 4D, make the animation of it there and place it into the video. But now when I need to do that I do not know how and I do not know if it is even possible. I know I should thought about it before shooting the scene, but I still hope there is the way to do this, and that there is someone that could maybe help me :) Thank you in advance, every advice is really appreciated.

I did not know where to put this question, in AE or in Cinema 4D please do not mind for posting it here. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Replacing the ball with animated object
by on Feb 6, 2015 at 2:22:27 pm

You can animate the ball spinning in C4D, then bring that into AE where you match the motion of the blue ball. (Depending on the shot, you could do this manually or with motion tracking.)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved