ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Rotobrush propagation bug? Recalalculating every frame.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike cantorRotobrush propagation bug? Recalalculating every frame.
by on Feb 6, 2015 at 7:57:42 am

I am experiencing a rotoscoping issue that seems to occur intermittently and is very frustrating. What I observe is that with every new stroke with the roto brush, AE is recalculating every frame from the origin of the propagation. I can see this by watching the green line that indicates the propagated frames in memory. With every single stroke, this line disappears and then creeps back up frame by frame from the (yellow bar) origin to the current one. Of course after just a few frames into the masking, it becomes impossible to work this way.

I have no idea what has changed to make it start to do this. You wouldn't think that adding a roto stroke at frame 5 would impact the calucalation of frames 1-4, and my normal experience with the tool reflects this, but then everyonce in a while this bug shows up and I am at a complete loss.

Any insight?

I am using After Effects CC v12 on OS 10.8.5. (Tried to update to AE 2014 but it broke all my Premiere links. grrr.)

Return to posts index

Matthew WoodRe: Rotobrush propagation bug? Recalalculating every frame.
by on Feb 11, 2015 at 6:46:22 pm

Yeah, this is responsible for so many hours lost forever, for me, too. That is such a huge bug for a function that cannot replace itself with the ctl+z..

Man, your post makes me feel much better now, cause I could not be sure that I wasn't the one causing it, until now...

Blood type O negative. I bleed zeros and ones

I dabble on the desktop

Shifted Leering, Any Perspective
Shifting Literally All Perceptions

Return to posts index

Ethan ParrishRe: Rotobrush propagation bug? Recalalculating every frame.
by on Aug 21, 2015 at 8:20:23 am

Hi Mike,

I know this post was a while ago now, but i was wondering if you ever got that bug figured out. I'm experiencing precisely what you have described above and its really frustrating as you well know. Obviously impossible to get anything done. Any tips?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved