ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Chromakeing issues and removing markers in music video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Oridoroga
Chromakeing issues and removing markers in music video
on Feb 4, 2015 at 5:58:55 pm

Hi! I've got a very hard problem - I need to do a 4 different simple multi-camera music videos, which was shot on green screen. There are a lot of spill on hands, microphone and sometimes on metal parts of clothes.

Keylight is a perfect instrument, but that's not enough. The question is how to make a different mattes? Keylight did the hard work. Then I dublicate keyed layer, remove from bottom layer any effects, make top layer to display as a Combined Matte in Keylight and check it as a Luma matte for the bottom layer. After that I apply Advanced Spill Suppressor on bottom layer, but it looks so dirty. There is an ugly gray outline, that i can't remove. Especially on her hairs it looks monstrously.

Another problem is how to save all the details on shots, for example, her heels like on wide shot.

And the last (and most terrible) problem is removing thats "beautiful" markers. I don't need to track a camera, because there is no motion - just stable camera on tripod. I have tried to remove blue markers also using keylight, but it doesn't look like a very good idea. And, of course, I have no ideas to remove white markers. And yes, she moves and cross the markers.

And don't forget - there are 4 videos (about 4 minutes each) completely shot on chromakey! I need a smart, easy and quick solution.

Any ideas? I'm not so experienced in AfterEffects as a composer, but I have enough skills to understand your sophisticated answers! And sorry for my possible language mistakes - I'm not a native speaker :)

Here are sample stills:

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Chromakeing issues and removing markers in music video
on Feb 4, 2015 at 7:29:15 pm

See if these help:

Procedural keying:
http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2011/09/color-keying-tutorials-from-andr...

Better Keylight key:
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/931091#931104

Super-Tight Junk Mattes:
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/rabinowitz_aharon/junk_mattes.php

And, if all else fails, RotoBrush:
http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/04/roto-brush-in-after-effects-cs.h...

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Max Oridoroga
on Feb 5, 2015 at 8:50:49 am

OMG! The Auto-trace! I never used it before! It's a really fast solution! Live and learn! Thank you very much!

The last problem is removing that ugly markers. I'll deal with it!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Feb 5, 2015 at 2:15:06 pm

Removing the blue ones might work if you use some of the other keying tools. The white ones though...ick.

I'd suggest getting edit lock on the picture first and THEN going through and doing the compositing so you don't have to do any more work than necessary.

In the future, if the camera isn't going to be moving, you might consider not shooting with markers.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Max Oridoroga
on Feb 5, 2015 at 2:45:40 pm

Thanks! In the future I want not to get such projects on post-production! :) It seems like I need to use an auto-trace to remove that white markers - I just try it on other videos and it perfectly works!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]