ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Region of interest. does it work?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
russell birkettRegion of interest. does it work?
by on Feb 4, 2015 at 5:41:33 pm

Hi all

I have a simple 3d logo that is slowly revolving on one axis. I wasn't convinced that RAM previewing in a region of interest was any quicker than when the whole image was RAM previewed. I timed the whole image over 2 seconds on the timeline (it took 3.59 to preview). I then selected about 20% of the moving logo in the region of interest and timed how long to preview 2 seconds on the timeline again . . . 3.59 again.
Surely a RAM preview using the ROI should be quicker?

Cheers
Russ

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Region of interest. does it work?
by on Feb 4, 2015 at 6:03:59 pm

There are a lot of things that just don't work right in recent versions of AE if you're on a Mac with Yosemite. That could be one of them.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

russell birkettRe: Region of interest. does it work?
by on Feb 4, 2015 at 6:07:17 pm

On a mac yes, but only running 10.8.5.
That sounds ominous, as I think we're upgrading to Yosemite soon

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Region of interest. does it work?
by on Feb 4, 2015 at 6:17:07 pm

Yeah, Adobe's having fits getting recent AE versions to play nice on Macs. Bugs keep cropping up. Windows machines don't seem to have nearly as many problems as Macs.

It seems like you have to be a Mac expert to get AE to run smoothly. A lot of people aren't happy about that.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Region of interest. does it work?
by on Feb 4, 2015 at 7:26:13 pm

I would be very cautious about going to Yosemite. There is a huge issue with RAM previews that is not an Adobe problem, but an issue in Yosemite. Apple is aware of the problem, but no word yet on a fix. Adobe is going to be releasing a workaround fix in the code for the next update for AE, but that's not until spring. And the number of issues other folks have been having with Yosemite in general is making me a bit cautious about updating myself...

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

russell birkettRe: Region of interest. does it work?
by on Feb 5, 2015 at 8:51:51 am

Thanks for the info on Yosemite - now I'm aware of potential issues, that should make them easier to overcome should they arise. In the meantime . . . . has the region of interest issue previously mentioned, been experienced by others?
Russ

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Region of interest. does it work?
by on Feb 5, 2015 at 7:48:58 pm

I typically wait forever to update my OS. However, I recently got a new Mac that obviously already came with Yosemite installed. I thought I would try it and have had zero issues running AE CC 2014 with all sorts of plugins on it. Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]