ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Slider controls and expressions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack SatchellSlider controls and expressions
by on Jan 30, 2015 at 11:29:29 am

Hi guys,

I have downloaded a pre-made project in After Effects to create a great VHS effect (the project provided by this tutorial - I have had to play around with it and extend the compositions on offer to fit my footage. Anyway long story short, I'm having trouble with a particular effect so I want to recreate it myself but I'm unsure exactly what has gone into it. This is because most of the effects are presented as sliders that are linked to expressions and I'm having trouble cracking the system the tutorial creator used. The slider is labelled "Fog Opacity"

This an en example of the footage before the effect

This is it with the slider set to 35

And this is it with the slider set to 65 (just to further show exactly what it's doing to the footage)

Could anyone explain what they think had caused this effect and how I could recreate it?

Thanks for any help, apologies if this is a super easy problem but I genuinely have tried hard to fix it myself. (I have already tried many types of blur and glow effects but none managed to recreate this particular foggy, glowy blur.)

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Slider controls and expressions
by on Jan 30, 2015 at 2:11:10 pm

The fog is an adjustment layer [link] with a Fast Blur applied (set to 47 px). The slider drives the opacity of this layer.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved