ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Adding motion tracked effects to a complete movie, on multiple subjects throughout the timeline

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ally RobinsonAdding motion tracked effects to a complete movie, on multiple subjects throughout the timeline
by on Jan 28, 2015 at 8:54:41 pm

Hi all,

I am completely new to After Effects, and have just completed my first movie in Premier Pro. This movie is very important to me and encroaching a deadline, I wouldn't reach out with such a beginner question otherwise, so any assistance at all would be greatly appreciated.

I've been searching for almost a week on a solution for my problem, but feel that my lack of experience with the program has me searching for the wrong thing. This is where I need your help - please see below:

Problem -
  • I have an exported 15 minute .mov file created in Premier Pro.
  • I want to apply a liquify effect to a moving target - eg. a person for only parts of the movie.
  • I can successfully motion track and apply the effect, however when the scene changes within the clip and the person leaves the frame, the motion track continues and the effect is applied throughout the remainder of the footage on everything else that comes into view.
  • I want the motion track to stop once the body is out of the frame, and then to begin a new motion track later when the body reappears, or when I want to apply an effect to a different object along the timeline.

• Have tried -
  • Importing my Premier Pro project into After Effects.
    Result - The motion track stays on screen from clip to clip, throughout entire sequence

• Copy and pasting a short clip in order to add an effect only to the single target.
    Result: The motion tracking is greyed out, and if I double click on the clip, it takes me to the entire piece of footage it's cut from, which bring me back to my original problem.

• Please let me know (from the very basic starting point) how you would do this? Is there any way to stop and start the motion track linearly along the timeline?

Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2016 All Rights Reserved