ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

problem with Frischluft and image coming from C4D

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
crasse deuxproblem with Frischluft and image coming from C4D
by on Jan 27, 2015 at 3:15:10 pm

Hi there !

I'm working on a project mainly on C4D but I use in the last part of the process after effects and the frischluft plugin to manipulate blur and depthfield.

Firschluft does an awesome work ! but I got a problem with and didn't found any solution yet.

I got "dotted" borders on some objects and don't know where it come from, it doesn't seem to be aliasing problem to me.

here is captures of the problem :

part of the original image

depth field pass

and here is what i get with frischluft, you can see some dots on the top border of the grey object :

if i look at the "info density" view in the frischluft plugin, i can see more clearly where those dots come from :

but yet I don't know what cause this, my depth field image and my main image are clean (i put the AA at best in C4D) so i assumed the problem may come from firschluft ? (if it come from C4D, then i'm sorry to post in the wrong, but i'm not even sure in which program is the problem )

does anyone have an idea of what those dots are ?

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: problem with Frischluft and image coming from C4D
by on Jan 27, 2015 at 6:07:50 pm

It is a combination of both, if you have a clean anti-aliased image, that means that the pixels at the edge of your objects are inbetween values of grey (on the depth pass) and frischluft can't figure it out if that exact colored pixel should be blurred or not, thus the dots...

theres is no solution to that, though you can adjust the settings and make it less visible, or you can render the depth aliased at a higher resolution and let AE do the math while scalling it down. I've had better and worst results doing this.

Return to posts index

crasse deuxRe: problem with Frischluft and image coming from C4D
by on Jan 29, 2015 at 12:19:04 pm

Hi there !

thanks for your help ! so ok, it seems logical, i'll try depth pass without AA and twice the resolution of the main image ( and resize it in AE ) and give feedback.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved