ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Trying to mask a Trapcode Form effect using an existing mask on an object.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas BrigantinoTrying to mask a Trapcode Form effect using an existing mask on an object.
by on Jan 27, 2015 at 1:21:03 am

Hi,

I have an image, Golum of Lord of the Rings, that is my background and comp called Gollum in the main time called motionStill_Golum.

On the, theRing layer, is precious...lol, which has a mask applied to it that cuts our the surroudning white of the image as well as the interior empty center to be able to see the background.

I have been trying to take that mask and apply it to the Trapcode Form effect so that it will look to be coming just from the perimeter of the ring and not on the actual ring itself, just around the perimeter.

I have uploaded a screen shot of this After Effects workspace, Golum, Ring and Ring mask.

I just can't seem to figure out how to apply that mask to the actual effects that makes it work, stumped!

Thank you kindly for reading through...

Screenshot:

Thomas

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Trying to mask a Trapcode Form effect using an existing mask on an object.
by on Jan 29, 2015 at 4:24:17 pm

Effects render after masks, so for generative effects like Form, you generally cannot use a mask to limit its visibility unless the effect specifically supports them.

You could precomp the Form layer, then mask the precomp. You could also use a track matte on the Form layer without precomping.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Thomas BrigantinoRe: Trying to mask a Trapcode Form effect using an existing mask on an object.
by on Jan 30, 2015 at 12:53:19 am

Perfect! I will try that!

Coming from a Mad Scientist, I am fully confident! :D

Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]