ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Camera movement through objects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vanessa mckeownCamera movement through objects
by on Jan 26, 2015 at 7:31:28 pm

Hello I wanted I know how to go through 3d space and pace objects along the way.
Like this:

Does anyone have a tutorial? I get how the camera works with panning across and sort of going through. But I can't manage to do it right.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Camera movement through objects
by on Jan 26, 2015 at 8:32:47 pm

There's an EXCELLENT set of AE tutorials right here on the COW, done by Andrew Devis -- AE Basics. You'll find a boatload of useful information on AE, including how to deal with 3D. Pay attention to building camera rigs, because they can really help the process. Rigs make AE cameras work more like real-world cameras. Don't worry if Andrew uses a different AE version than you have. They're still great lessons.

But there's no substitute for experience. You just have to do it to see how it's done.

Chris Meyer, an internationally-known figure in the AE community, makes a joke about 3D. The reason for the 3 is because it takes three times longer to do something than it does in 2D.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Camera movement through objects
by on Jan 27, 2015 at 3:44:06 pm

I'd suggest you check out my free script keen-3dLayerTools -- it makes centering 3D objects in the active camera view, or promoting 2D objects to 3D without losing their position, push-button easy.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved