ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Layers randomly missing/deleted after render

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tommy DimmelLayers randomly missing/deleted after render
by on Jan 25, 2015 at 12:59:00 am

I just finished rendering a project in After Effects. I don't expect a solution to this, as it's super weird and nothing like this has ever happened to me in any piece of software before, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this:

I sent my Adobe After Effects project to Adobe Media Encoder to render. It took about 6 hours to render. When the final video came out, I noticed that a few layers were missing from the video. I went back to my project, and the layers were completely gone, nowhere to be found. They aren't hidden, and they weren't the last things that I added to the project (which rules out the chance of me forgetting to save the project before closing after effects). Newer elements that I added to the project were there in the render, but these few layers, just totally gone.

I'm really scratching my head over this the hell?! Where did they go?! Anyone have an issue like this before?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Layers randomly missing/deleted after render
by on Jan 26, 2015 at 1:00:19 pm

I have not experienced anything like this before, however it would help to know what version of AE you are using and what OS.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved